W.I.T.S. Personal Training
Certified Personal Trainer Class
BETA partnered with World Instructor Training Schools to bring you online and face to face training.
WITS is the only major certifying body in the U.S. providing comprehensive practical training and internship components. WITS is an approved CEU provider for the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB), Veterans Training and Education, the International Association of Continuing Education and Training (IACET). The American Council on Education has recommended college credits for this course.
NEW – Certified Personal Trainer Course with Test Voucher Included!
Feb. 11, 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Please RSVP at 218-6118
Saturdays, March 4 – May 13, 2017 from 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
No class on March 18 & April 15.
Location: Andover Kansas. Butler's 5000 building, Suite 5101-S
Get all the information needed to start an exciting fitness career & become a Certified Personal Trainer. Our personal trainer course is a great way to become a successful Certified Personal Trainer with an option to complete an employer internship that can walk you into jobs! This challenging course is for candidates wanting LIVE instruction with in-depth, hands-on practical labs to master the essential career skills & knowledge.
- 16 hours of lecture on key topics like biomechanics, exercise physiology, fitness testing, equipment usage, health assessment.
- 16 hours of hands-on practical training labs with role playing drills on assessing clients, programming, performing proper exercises, presentation skills and more.
Included in this course is a complete 200 page student workbook, access to online student study tools and test vouchers to take the Certified Personal Trainer exams. You can work right after passing the exams with proof of CPR/AED which awards you Level 1 Certified Personal Trainer credential. As a special bonus, you can take advantage of our 30 hour employer internship to get our advanced Level 2 Certified Personal Trainer at no additional cost!
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand and describe basic anatomy, kinesiology and exercise physiology.
- Assess an individual's level of fitness using ACSM guidelines.
- Design and customize exercise programs.
- Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardiorespiratory and flexibility exercises.
- Identify and demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group.
- Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise.