Certified Medication Aide
Classroom and clinical experiences will provide you with the skills necessary to administer oral and topical medications in a safe and accurate manner in an adult care home in Kansas. Upon successful completion of the course with a C or better, you are eligible to take the Kansas Nursing Home Medication Aide test.
Prerequisites for Certified Medication Aide (AH120 - 5 credit hours)
- Must be a Certified Nurse Aide in Kansas or have just completed AH 122, Certified Nurse Aide for Kansas Nursing Homes, with a C or better. Note to Advising: The Student might have taken CNA at another College and CNA will not be on Butler transcript, the student must show you a CNA card. The student can enroll in CMA if he or she has finished CNA, but is waiting to take the CNA State exam.
- Must take the ASSET test and score 35 or higher in the reading portion of the test before enrolling. Advising will administer this.
- Bring the following ON THE FIRST DATE OF CLASS:
CMA students can wear a white uniform or scrubs of any color. The shoes should be white leather or vinyl with little or no color on them. No canvas shoes. No crocs. No open toes or open heels.
It is a policy of the BCC Department of Nursing that students in the clinical area do not have facial piercing, visible tattoos, long fingernails, or false fingernails. No dangling earrings can be worn.
All students will pay a $20.00 fee for the state exam along with tuition.
- Certified Nurse Aide Card
- Negative TB skin test
- Current Statement of Good Health
Note to advising: The student can enroll in CMA if he/she has finished CNA but is waiting to take CNA state exam.