Nursing Program Admissions Process
Start your health care career here.
Follow these steps to begin your journey in nursing at Butler.
- Apply for Admission to the college.
- Complete program prerequisites: Anatomy & Physiology, English Composition I, General Psychology, Math Requirement (MA 135 or above) MA 131 College Algebra with review will also be accepted
- Complete the Test for Essential Academic Skills (TEAS). Click here for the TEAS process you must follow.
- Submit application for the Nursing Program.
- Ranking for Final Selection: Students are rank ordered by the sum of grades earned in the prerequisite courses. Additional points are considered for certified applicants with documented patient care experience.
- Acknowledging Acceptance: Selected applicants are given a specified time period to accept their position in the class. If any of the first accepted group of students do not accept, or accept and withdraw prior to the beginning of class, the vacancy created will be offered to the next highest ranked applicant up to a maximum of 56 students.
- Selected student responsibilities: Students must complete a specified background check, a negative drug urine screen, physical examination including documentations of vaccinations and immunizations and health record.
Applicants who are not selected for admission are asked to communicate in writing their desire to reapply for the next class to the Nursing Department prior to the May 20 and September 20 deadlines. Files of applicants who do not communicate their to desire to reapply will be deleted.
All applicants should sufficiently possess:
- Visual acuity
- Auditory perception
- Gross and fine motor skills
- Communication skills
- Intellectual and emotional functions