Testing Procedures & Responsibilities
Testing Procedures for Makeup and Online
- Both paper based and computer based tests are administered in the Testing Center.
- Students must bring all materials necessary for testing: i.e. , calculators, Blue books, photo I.D. , etc. Pencils and scratch paper are provided in the Testing Center.
- Children and non-testers are not permitted in the Testing Center.
- All make-up testing must be completed before finals week.
- Go directly to the testing center to check in for makeup and online testing.
- Bring photo ID and all materials needed for the test. (Pencils and scratch paper are provided. )
- Allow adequate time to complete test prior to Testing Center closing hours and in only one session. Tests may not be started at one time and completed later.
- Check in for placement testing with the Advising Receptionist and complete the Placement Testing Questionnaire for Examinees Form which will be kept on file.
- Non-Butler students taking either the ASSET, COMPASS, ACCUPLACER tests for another school will be charged $25 to test.
- Students must have an admissions application on file prior to testing.
- Official photo identification is required. Students will not be allowed to test without proper identification.
- Students are not allowed to bring their own calculators.
- Children and other adults are not permitted in the testing room/center. Students need to make other arrangements for child care while testing.
- Understand that if the test administrator notices the appearance of cheating, the test administrator will notify the student and the site adviser in charge. The consequences will then be determined by the Director of Advising.