Placement Retesting for ASSET and COMPASS
IMPORTANT NOTE: We are currently in the process of migrating to a new testing product. Please contact the testing center location prior to your arrival to confirm testing materials are available.
Students will be allowed to retest after a two week waiting period, not to exceed a maximum of three retests per semester.
Reasons for retesting:
- Something caused the test results to misrepresent the examinee's actual knowledge and skills. Examples of irregularities include: student illness, fire alarm, computer malfunctions, interruption in the delivery of the test, etc. Causes warranting retesting for this reason are to be determined by the Director of Advising or the Lead Adviser at the testing site.
- There is reason to believe that a meaningful change (either an increase or decrease) is likely to have occurred in the examinee's level of knowledge and skill in the areas assessed by ASSET, COMPASS or ACCUPLACER.
If retesting on ASSET the following rules apply per the ASSET testing manual:
- If the retest occurs before a full 30 days have passed since the previous testing, an alternate form of the ASSET must be used for the retest.
- If a minimum of 30 days have passed since the administration of a particular ASSET form, the student may be retested using the same form.
- No ASSET form may be administered to a given individual more than twice in a 90 day period.
If retesting on COMPASS the following rules apply per the COMPASS testing manual:
- Under no circumstances should a retest be given on the same day as the original test.
- An examinee may take no more than three COMPASS/ESL placement test experiences in a 30 day period.
If retesting on ACCUPLACER the following rules will apply:
- Students will be allowed to retest after two weeks have passed.
- Students will not be allowed to retest on the same day as the original test or more than 3 times during a semester.
- If a student originally took the ACCUPLACER test then the student must retest on the ACCUPLACER test.