A NAEYC Accredited Learning Lab.
Our students have the opportunity to get practical experience working with children in our EduCare Center on the El Dorado campus. Developed to serve as an educational lab for students completing their practicums, the center is nationally accredited through the National Association for the Education of Young Children, and has received three consecutive five-star ratings from the Kansas Quality Rating Improvement System.
- 121 children ranging in age from two weeks to 12 years old.
- Children with special needs.
- Children eligible for Social and Rehabilitation Services (SRS).
- Children of Butler students, faculty, staff and the El Dorado community.
- Children of Pell Grant eligible parents who qualify through special reduced rates through the Child Care Access Means Parents in School program (CCAMPIS). For more information click here. For EduCare CCAMPIS, call Sue Barrientos at 316.323.6845.
The center is open year-round, closing only for major holidays and the week between Christmas and New Year's Day.
Monday through Friday
5:45 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Children are accepted for enrollment on a first come, first served basis providing full-time care. Currently-enrolled children have priority over those newly-enrolled. If space is not available, a child may be placed on the waiting list at no charge. The registration fee is due upon actual enrollment.
Parents and children are required to visit at least one time prior to the first day of attendance. All required forms must be on file with the EduCare Center prior to the first day of attendance.
Tuition and Fees
Enrollment fees and the first two weeks of tuition are due at the time of enrollment. The enrollment fee is non-refundable and will reserve a place in the classroom for your child.