Documenting the Learning PACT Outcomes
- The development documentation of PACT outcomes occurs in all courses which are accepted for General Education credit at Butler and elective courses which focus on the development of Learning PACT outcomes at a more advanced level than the General Education courses.
- Each course accepted for General Education credit designates at least three of the PACT outcomes which are developed and documented in that course. One of the three must be an Analytical Thinking outcome. The other two must be one from two of the other three PACT categories.
- Each Learning PACT General Education and elective course has embedded major summative assessment tasks which document the student's achievement of the PACT outcomes focal to that course.
- Major summative assessment tasks in any given course which assess and document the student's achievement of specific Learning PACT outcomes utilize faculty generated departmental standardized scoring rubrics (based on the institutional PACT rubrics) which clearly establish the relationship between those assessment tasks and the Learning PACT outcomes.
- Faculty administer major summative assessment tasks which assess student achievement of at least one Learning PACT and then sample student work on those major summative assessment tasks.
- The Office of Assessment staff oversee the course, department, division, and college wide level processing and analysis of the sampled student work data as directed by the Deans and the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- The faculty then use that data to facilitate the planning and implementation of improvements which will expand student learning.
For student services:
- The Dean of Student Life working with the Director of Assessment and the supervisors of the various Student Life activities establish the PACT outcomes relevant to a specific Student Life co-curricular activity and the most effectives means of documenting student learning of the outcome(s).
- Supervisors of each activity implement the appropriate assessment(s) of the outcome(s) for the activity.
- The Office of Assessment staff oversee the processing and analysis of the sampled student assessment data as directed by the Dean of Student Life.
The Student Life staff then use that data to facilitate the planning and implementation of improvements which will expand student learning.