The Butler Community College Board of Trustees seeks a proven community college leader to advance the college in achievement of its strategic goals, and to enhance the college's progress through quality instruction and strong community and business partnerships.
Butler Community College exists to develop responsible, involved lifelong learners and to contribute to the vitality of the communities it serves.
Butler will be the Learning College of Choice for the region, engaging students and other stakeholders in exceptional instructional programs and services that directly relate to their needs and prepare them for success.
The next President will benefit from a strong, vibrant, and stable college characterized by its commitment to integrity, quality instruction and student services, and responsiveness to the local community and businesses within the Butler Community College service area.
THE BOARD SEEKS A LEADER WHO WILL:
- Build on the successful legacy of its previous president
- Enhance faculty and staff commitment to student success and a culture of data-driven decision-making
- Enhance external partnerships with area USDs and four-year institutions, as well as area businesses
- Pursue public-private partnerships
EXPECTED QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
The Butler Community College Board of Trustees seeks a higher education leader who possesses strong personal and professional characteristics consistent with the community college mission.
- A record of successful senior leadership and administrative experience in higher education
- The ability to inspire and lead a diverse college organization, and to advance achievement of the college's strategic goal.
- A leader with strong integrity, and commitment to collaboration and partnership with internal and external constituencies
- A servant-leader who values openness, who fosters a culture of optimism and success, and who possesses effective communication skills in speaking, writing, and listening
- A strong instructional advocate, who values multiple learning pathways for students to achieve their goals, who instills high expectations of the faculty and the programs they build, and who values accountability measures to ensure quality
- A strong student advocate, with documented achievement in student success and accountability, who will focus on eliminating achievement gaps among students
- A strong faculty and staff advocate who values diversity, accountability, professional development and training of the college workforce, and who values a shared governance model focused on promoting quality outcomes throughout the institution
- A strong accreditation advocate who values the responsibility to ensure quality throughout all aspects of the institution
- A strong policy governance advocate who values the role of the governing board in promoting accountability and transparency regarding the use of taxpayer dollars
- Success in forging external partnerships to strengthen workforce education and responses to local labor market needs
- Effective fund raising strategies
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex budgets with an understanding of federal, state, and local regulations and contemporary issues
- Doctorate, or doctoral candidate status, in related field
- Minimum of 3 years successful administrative experience in an institution of higher education, preferably a public community college