- Both paper based and computer based tests are administered in the Testing Center.
- Each test must include the appropriate cover sheet that includes all information necessary to administer the test properly.
- Students must bring all materials necessary for testing: i.e. , calculators, Blue books, photo I.D. , etc. Pencils and scratch paper are provided in the Testing Center. If the test is computerized, instructors must provide all information needed for test administrators to access the test.
- Paper tests will be returned to instructors via campus mail unless otherwise requested on the cover sheet.
- The Testing Center will not make copies, change test questions, or give tests to entire classes.
- The Test Administrators will not be
responsible for student's homework assignments; therefore,
we will not be accepting any homework with tests which
are submitted to the Testing Center.
- Children and non-testers are not permitted in the Testing Center.
- All make-up testing must be completed before finals week.
- Complete the appropriate cover sheet
and submit it to the Testing Center with at least two available
days for students to take the exam.
- Inform students of check in procedures and student responsibilities (see below).
- Inform students when the test will
be available in the Testing Center allowing at least 24
hours after delivery for Test Administrators to process
in the test.
- Include all materials with the test that students may need: i.e. formula sheets, maps and additional references and make sure students are aware that all materials associated with the test will be collected and returned to you
- Inform the student of the deadline
on the test.
- Meet the Testing Center's deadline for all make-up tests which is the Friday before finals week begins
- Check in for testing with the Advising/Testing
Receptionist in Room 6424 and complete the Student
Agreement which will be kept on file.
- Bring photo ID and all materials needed for the test. (Pencils and scratch paper are provided. )
- Allow adequate time to complete test prior to Testing Center closing hours and in only one session. Tests may not be started at one time and completed later.
- Go to the Testing Center as directed
and sign in on the appropriate sign in sheet.
- Sit in area designated by the test administrator.
- Engage in conversation only with the test administrator.
- Leave textbooks, book bags, and all other non-test items (including cell phones, pagers, food, drinks, etc. ) in area designated by test administrator. The Testing Center is not responsible for these articles.
- Exit testing area only after being processed out by test administrator. No testing materials will leave the center including scratch paper and notes used.
- Refrain from using computers to surf the internet or check email. Computers are used only for testing.
Test Administrator Responsibilities
- Require students to show a photo I.D.
- Properly secure all tests.
- Monitor tests and return them to instructors
via the method requested.
- If the "final date test may be taken" has expired, the test administrator will administer the test, circling the date the test was taken to call attention to the missed deadline.
- Allow students to see the test only after signing the Student Agreement with a start time.
- Answer no questions about content or vocabulary on the test.
- Notify instructor if the student
leaves the room during testing.
- Require students to have all materials
related to a test in the Testing Center.
- Return all untaken tests at the end of the semester.
- Allow no more than 3 students
per class to take a test at one time and seat these
in every other carrel whenever possible.