How do I submit my writing?
Editor responses take 48 business hours, Monday through Friday. Papers submitted on the weekend (after 1:00 Friday-Sunday) will be returned by the following Wednesday. Please plan ahead when you send your papers so that we can best help you.
To submit a paper:
- Log into your Butler email. The Butler OWL only accepts submissions from @butlercc.edu e-mail addresses.
Do not send papers from your personal email or from any other account if you want to receive a response.
- In the body of your email message, please include the following:
- Your name
- Your instructor's name
- The course name
- The assignment (Compare/Contrast, Personal Narrative, Book Review, etc.)
- Specific details of how we can help you ( please look at my thesis and evidence; please help me with my comma splices; please make suggestions for organizing my paper ... )
- Save your paper in RTF format using the following naming convention: Lastname_Firstname_date.
- Upload your paper as an attachment. Papers copied and pasted into the body of the e-mail will not be accepted.
- Send your e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will receive a response in 48 business hours (see "Turnaround Schedule" on OWL homepage for details)