5000 Building Updates
5000 Building Renovation & Relocation Update
An era is getting ready to come to an end as Butler Community College works to close out its operations in the Andover High School; a location it has been a part of for the past 27 years. Classrooms, faculty offices and student service operations conducted within the high school are being relocated to the college’s 5000 Building located on East 13th Street in Andover.
The relocation became necessary due to the Andover School District’s expansion. Butler and the school district cooperatively agreed that Butler would try to vacate its current space in the high school by early June 2020, one year earlier than the lease agreement requires. In order to vacate by the requested date, the College is remodeling areas of its facility located on 13th Street
The Andover 5000 Building is quickly being recreated into a more modernized and student-friendly building. Besides new classrooms, offices, lab space and student services space, a larger meeting space is being built adjacent to the snack bar area to be used by internal staff and community organizations. We certainly understand there will be some frustration with this renovation and relocation along the way with classes still in session and offices open, but the completion of the project will offer a great, new look and a reason to celebrate!
Our Current Progress...
- At the Classroom Renovation Area on the south end 1st and 2nd floor, approximately 90% of the wall framing has been completed. The masonry for the new elevator shaft has been completed. Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing trades are working to rough-in the walls and ceilings. Drywall has started in some areas.
- At the Bookstore Renovation Area, demolition work has been completed and wall framing has started.
- At the Student Support Services Renovation Area, demolition work is continuing with the addition of some structural component work.
- At the BETA Renovation Area, all demolition is complete. The walls are framed for the new classroom. Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing trades are working to rough-in the walls and ceilings.
- On the exterior Site Work, approximately 90% of the earthwork and grading is completed. Site Utilities are being installed for lighting, irrigation and sewer. Asphalt is being installed on the west side of the building with expected completion in mid-September.