Commercial Driver's License Training (CDL) Program
About CDL Program
CDL Class A or B Training: to include (1) full week of onsite (5620 N 119th Street West, Maize, KS 67101) preparation of commercial driver training to obtain Class A or B license from the designated State. This is maximum of (2) students per (1) instructor provided by CSC, Inc., including facility for training and driving range.
|BCC CDL-A||BCC CDL-B|
PRICE: CDL – A $3,710, CDL – B $2,910
SCHEDULING: Contact Butler Community College at 316-218-6118
REQUIREMENTS: Participant must hold CDL permit for 14-days prior to testing and provide the following items for testing to be completed: CDL permit and current regular license, DOT medical card, proof of address (such as bill or statement showing his/her mailing address)
MODALITY: 1 day of classroom preparation of CDL permit - (2) student minimum and (20) student maximum- classroom training. CSC to provide training from 7:00am to 4:00 pm on scheduled week starting on Monday and completing on Friday (Friday course will be completed by 12:00pm).
MATERIALS: Included in price.
CSC to provide training from 7:00am to 4:00 pm on scheduled week starting on Monday and completing on Friday (Friday course will be completed by 12:00pm). Participant/ student will be fully responsible for paying for all license fees and license at OMV (rates are provided in CDL manual for each state) Participant must hold CDL permit for 14-days prior to testing and provide the following items for testing to be completed: CDL permit and current regular license, DOT medical card, proof of address (such as bill or statement showing his/her mailing address)
1 day of classroom preparation of CDL permit: (2) student minimum and (20) student maximum- classroom training (1) instructor.
Course Outline Class A/B CDL:
LOCATION: 5620 N. 119th Street West MAIZE, KS DO NOT GO TO MAIN OFFICE LOCATED AT 9335 W 53rrd Street North
STUDENTS MUST HAVE INSTRUCTIONAL PERMIT IN PERSON AND HAVE FOR MINIMUM 14 DAYS PRIOR TO STARTING WEEKLY TRAINING.
The price of Class A does include use of a Class A vehicle for training purposes.
Class B students must provide their own Class B vehicle to their road skills training sessions and test. Class B vehicle rental option available for additional fee.
- Classroom time to meet with "students/ drivers" to study and complete entry level driver training, training videos, all necessary paperwork completed, and sign in sheets. After lunch students are taken outside to be introduced to the equipment they will be testing in as well as start learning the inspection process.
- Continue learning and examining equipment to learn inspection required by State. At this time student will learn how to inspect and point out all major components required by State(s) including but not limited to:
- Under the hood, Brake Components, Fluid Levels, Hoses, Suspension, In Cab, Drive Line and Frame, etc.
- Students will be shown skills area that they will be required to perform in order to obtain CDL license including but not limited to;
- Straight Line Backing, Off Set Left, Off-set right backing, Site side parallel park or curb side parallel park, 90 degree alley park, and other areas applicable for training/ testing
- Students will start on the road skills.
- Students will go to equipment and walk through vehicle inspection then start to work and practice on skills
- Students will also continue on road experience to learn skills to include but not limited to: shifting (if manual), lane position, turning, backing, hazard awareness.
- Students will go to equipment and walk through vehicle inspection then continue driving on public roadways and learn shifting if applicable, merging, lane position, etc.
- Students will start morning with walk through vehicle inspection, practice skills in vehicle, then taken on Road Test to discuss merging, lane position, braking, etc.
- Students will take required State examination with licensed examiner.
Dress and Attire:
Students will wear appropriate clothing anytime at the facility or being trained. Students can wear shorts if weather allows but need to be appropriate length. No cut off shirts or open-toed shoes are allowed at any time.