Background Checks and Urine Drug Screen
Butler contracts with clinical agencies which require that all students and instructors entering the agencies for clinical experience pass a background check. This check includes:
- Social Security Number Verification
- Criminal Search (7 years or up to 5 criminal searches)
- Violent Sexual Offender and Predator Registry Search
- HHS/OIG List of Excluded Individuals/Entities
- GSA list of Parties Excluded from Federal Programs
- U.S. Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), List of Specially Designated Nationals (SDN)
- Applicable State Exclusion List
BCC contracts with clinical agencies which require that all students entering the agencies for clinical experience pass a urine drug screen.
Information on how to get these screens done will be included in your acceptance letter. You will have 2 weeks to complete and pass the mandatory background check before you can be accepted to the program. If the students does not complete or pass the background check or the drug screen in the allowed time, they will lose their position and the next person in line will be called.