Summer 2020 Scholarship Policies
SCHOLARSHIP BOOK RETURN POLICY
IN THE EVENT THAT OUR CAMPUSES ARE STILL CLOSED ON JULY 31, DUE TO COVID-19, an email will be sent to your BUTLERCC.EDU account with instructions on how to return books.
AVOID HAVING TO PAY BIG BUCKS FOR FREE BOOKS!!!
The scholarship books you are using belong to the college – you are borrowing them. If you do not return them all to the El Dorado Bookstore by 5:00 p.m. July 31, 2020 - You PAY BIG BUCKS!!!
Since you do not own the books – please be careful with them. A 10% late charge will be incurred after the July 31th deadline through 4:00 P.M. August 14, 2020. However if you are not living in the area during this time please contact the bookstore by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain an authorization for a deadline extension before July 31st. After receiving confirmation for the authorization on your extended deadline, you will be required to return your books by August 14, 2020 (the Friday before the start of spring classes). You may also ship the books to the following address:
Butler Community College
901 S. Haverhill Rd.
El Dorado, KS. 67042
After August 14, 2020 (if you have not obtained a deadline extension), the full cost of the books plus tax will be your responsibility. Or if you have received permission for a deadline extension and do not return your books by August 14, 2020, the full cost of the books plus tax will be your responsibility. The following will also cost you BIG BUCKS:
- Lost books – this includes stolen books.
- Wet or water damaged books.
- Abused books – we except reasonable wear. Highlighting, etc. is allowed. Allowing the dog to chew on them is not.
- HINT – if the book is falling apart in the middle of the semester – bring it in immediately. If you wait until the end of the semester to report it – YOU PAY BIG BUCKS!
- Drop a class – return those books immediately. Another student may need them and you do not have to worry about them.
- ANOTHER HINT – students have a tendency to lose or abuse books not in use. This causes the student to PAY BIG BUCKS!!! Please return books that are no longer in use.
If you are charged BIG BUCKS for any of the above reasons, a hold will be placed on your records restricting you from future enrollments, transcripts, etc. until payment has been received.
- A class schedule is required to check out books.
- Art and school supplies including flash drives and optional study guides do not qualify for book scholarship.
- All textbooks must be returned to the El Dorado Bookstore, by July 31, 2020 unless otherwise authorized by Bookstore Management.
- Books must be returned with the inserts, CDs, pamphlets, or the software that came with them.
- If there is a problem as to why this deadline cannot be met, please make arrangements before the deadline by contacting the bookstore at email@example.com, or calling (316)733-3197.