Tutor Ambassadors are students who help their fellow students and classmates with their work. Students who are selected will receive a books and tuition scholarship based on in-state tuition rates, students not wishing to receive scholarships may be paid hourly.
Interested applicants should download and complete the Tutor Ambassador Application and include two references (one being from an instructor in the subject you wish to tutor). Contact Cassandra Zeiner at 316.733.3286 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge in subject specialty and course requirements as demonstrated by academic record with a minimum GPA of 3.00.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and self-starter skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Two Tutor Ambassador References are required, with at least one being from an instructor in the subject specialty addressing knowledge and interpersonal skills. These references are open-ended and will remain confidential unless otherwise stated by submitting party. These references can be sent via email, campus mail, or hand delivery to C. Zeiner. email@example.com 316.733.3286 BOE: 121 BOA: 5202U
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
- Commit a minimum of 15 hours per week to the tutoring program (if on scholarship). Work schedule will be coordinated around class schedules.
- Assist students in locating additional tutoring resources.
- Understand and implement the rules of engagement for subjects.
- Participate in mandatory training activities.
- Maintain records and student's progress using TutorTrac.
- Complete independent training activities to maintain CRLA's International Tutor Program certification.
- Be available and on-duty for all scheduled tutoring hours.
- Agree to observe the standards of conduct related to behavior and discipline as lined out in the Student Handbook.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with faculty, students and staff.
- Promote and support the tutoring program both on and off campus by visiting classrooms and giving presentations on tutoring services offered.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2.5 or higher in 12 credit hours or more - good standing
- 2.0-2.49 in 12 credit hours or more - probation
- 1.99 in 12 credit hours or more - released from job duties
- If on probation, GPA must be above a 2.5 in 12 credit hours or more the next semester.
- Grade checks will be required periodically throughout the semester.
Tutor Ambassador applicants are selected for personal interviews based on their written application and references.
Orientation prior to starting is required.
HR requirements apply to those being paid hourly.