Tutor Ambassadors are students who help their fellow students and classmates with their work. Students who are selected will receive a books and tuition scholarship based on in-state tuition rates, students not wishing to recieve scholarships may be paid hourly.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge in subject specialty and course requirements as demonstrated by academic record with a minimum GPA of 3.00.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and self-starter skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Two Tutor Ambassador Reference Forms are required, with at least one being from an instructor in the subject specialty addressing knowledge and interpersonal skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
- Commit a minimum of 15 hours per week to the tutoring program (if on scholarship). Work schedule will be coordinated around class schedules.
- Assist students in locating additional tutoring resources.
- Understand and implement the rules of engagement for subjects.
- Participate in mandatory training activities.
- Maintain records and student's progress using TutorTrac.
- Complete independent training activities to maintain CRLA's International Tutor Program certification.
- Be available and on-duty for all scheduled tutoring hours.
- Agree to observe the standards of conduct related to behavior and discipline as lined out in the Student Handbook.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with faculty, students and staff.
- Promote and support the tutoring program both on and off campus by visiting classrooms and giving presentations on tutoring services offered.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2.5 or higher in 12 credit hours or more - good standing
- 2.0-2.49 in 12 credit hours or more - probation
- 1.99 in 12 credit hours or more - released from job duties
- If on probation, GPA must be above a 2.5 in 12 credit hours or more the next semester.
- Grade checks will be required periodically throughout the semester.
Tutor Ambassador applicants are selected for personal interviews based on their written application.