Early College Aviation Academy
Let us help you earn your associate degree while simultaneously earning your high school diploma by spending half a day at your high school and the other half at Butler’s Rose Hill campus. You can prepare yourself for an Associate Degree in Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) and get a jump start on your college career. This revolutionary new field is evolving quickly, and you could be on the cutting edge!
Graduates of the Early College Aviation Academy (ECAA) can:
- Make immediate contributions in the local workforce
- Learn to operate Unmanned Aircraft Systems, including drones
- Take courses in Aviation, UAS, Design & Construction and Aircraft Maintenance
- Obtain an entry-level position in Criminal Justice, Agriculture, Wind Turbine Repair, Real Estate, Public Safety and Fire Science
- Use a drone to survey land that is difficult to traverse
- Have access to Job Shadowing and Internship opportunities
- Earn a Private Pilot License
- Transfer to Kansas State Polytechnic
Partnership is Key
Kansas State Polytechnic is one of the first universities in the nation to provide a bachelor’s degree in unmanned aircraft systems and is the premiere UAS program in Kansas.
Four courses in the ECAA will be delivered by Kansas State Polytechnic instructors at our Rose Hill campus, so students will earn both Butler Community College and Kansas State Polytechnic credits throughout the course of this Academy. Students who complete this Academy are able to finish their bachelor’s degree in UAS from Kansas State Polytechnic only two years after they graduate from Butler!