Game & Simulation Design Pathway
Let us help you earn your Associates Degree in Interactive 3D Technologies while simultaneously earning your High School diploma by spending half a day at your high school and the other half at Butler’s Andover campus. You can prepare yourself for working in the creative part of the IT field and get a jump start on your college career.
As students of the Game & Simulation Design Pathway you will:
- Develop and design games and interactive simulations
- Learn graphic creation as it relates to gaming and digital production
- Create documentary and movie style productions
- Learn 2D and 3D Animation, and Digital Photography/Cinematography to an advanced level
- Design and Print 3D Models
- Develop new worlds using state of the art Virtual Reality tools.
- Create motion capture sequences live and apply them to animations
- Learn Stop Motion Animation and how to create stop motion videos and movies
- Work with state of the art equipment including all new 4K cameras and computers
- Work with industry professionals with well over 100 years of combined experience
- Learn transferable digital/creative skills
- Prepare yourself for a job in the field of your choice
Prepare for certification and take your certification exams at Butler for:
- Adobe Certified Expert – Specializing in any or all of their suite
- Autodesk Certified User
- Unity Certified Developer
- And other Industry standard credentials!
You will be able to choose from the following three exciting and cutting edge tracks:
3D Interactive Technologies – Create Interactive/Educational Simulations and Games. You will learn their creation as well as coding while working in a team environment with industry professionals to help you on your way to success. Our academy students have successfully created 2 games in their Capstone Classes that were widely enjoyed by their peers and instructors, with most of them continuing on to finish their education in the field or starting work locally in the game industry. More and more companies are coming to Wichita every month.
Many students involved in the EC3DA are eligible for our Tuition Free Technical Courses. Butler is helping to waive the cost of tuition for high school juniors and seniors who meet residency requirements for enrollment in any tiered career technical course.
100% of current program graduates are furthering their education at Butler or a 4-year university, with many finding employment in their career field or engaging in related military service.
VIEW CLASSES the student will take.