New Student Enrollment Checklist
If you are applying to Butler as a new student, follow the steps below to enroll:
- Complete an
- Follow the directions in your acceptance letter to register and reset your Pipeline User Name and Password within 90 days.
- Log in to Pipeline to access your Butler email and use it for all Butler communication.
- Complete the
- Complete the Housing Application if you intend to live in the residence halls at Butler of El Dorado. Don’t forget to submit the application fee and required immunizations. Apply early! Placement is sent via Butler email on June 1.
- Apply for
- Submit your final/official high school transcript, GED, other college transcript(s) and/or military credit sent to:
Butler Community College
901 S Haverhill Rd
El Dorado, KS 67042
Electronic Transcripts should be emailed using a secure electronic exchange from your high school, college, or other educational institution to email@example.com. Transcripts emailed from the student are not considered official and will be used for advising purposes only.
The College requires an official transcript be sent from each institution for prior coursework to be used toward a degree program. In addition, certain students (VA, athletes, and select Financial Aid recipients) are required to provide all official transcripts to the Registrar's Office. All official transcripts on file will be used in the determination of Financial Aid eligibility.
- If you are undecided about your college major, complete the 60 question Career Assessment in Career Coach at butlercc.emsicc.com and bring your results when you meet with an Academic Advisor.
- Complete Placement Testing on campus if you have not taken the ACT, have ACT scores that are more than three years old, or have ACT scores less than an 18 in English, 15 in Reading, or 21 in math. Please bring $15 and an official picture ID for placement testing. Allow 2.5 hours to complete all three sections of the placement test.
Placement Testing Study Guides are available at butlercc.edu.
Students seeking accommodations on placement testing and in the classroom must provide documentation to the Office of Disability Services PRIOR to testing. Failure to provide documentation of a disability may not constitute a reason to retest. For more information, please call the Office of Disability Services at 316.322.3321.
- Enroll with an Academic Advisor:
Butler of Andover: 1810 N Andover Rd 316.218.6259
Butler of El Dorado: 901 S Haverhill Rd 316.322.3163
Butler Service Center - Wichita: 2626 S Rock Rd 316.691.9456
Please bring a copy of your ACT test scores and previous college transcripts when you come to enroll with an Academic Advisor.
If you are a first-time, full-time student we highly recommend you meet with an Academic Advisor in person for your first enrollment. You must enroll in OR 102 Student Connect Orientation.
- Log in to Pipeline to enroll online, add/drop classes, make payments, check your grades, etc.
- Submit payment for your classes or set up a payment plan at Accounts Receivable or via the Student Payment Center in Pipeline under the Student Quick Clicks dropdown by the due date to avoid any late fees.
- Obtain a Parking Permit at the East Dorm front office if you live in a dorm.
- Obtain a Student ID Card.
- Visit the Butler Bookstore to obtain your books.