APA FPC and CPP Certification
APA FPC and CPP certification
Advance your career while ensuring your organization's payroll compliance
Career and Workforce Education's PayTrain 1 and PayTrain 2 is a training program that will help keep you and your organization’s compliance up-to-date. The training program is also excellent preparation for the Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) and Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) exams.
- Learn from a knowledgeable instructor who provides expertise, insight and one-on-one guidance.
- Network, share experiences and discuss topics with a diverse group of payroll professionals.
- Stay on track toward earning your certification with a structured learning experience and instructor support.
- Take advantage of funding options, such as corporate tuition reimbursement programs.
Why Enroll in Our Course?
Offered in partnership with the American Payroll Association, both PayTrain 1 and 2 are online courses taught by experienced professionals using Zoom Meeting Software. These live classes meet 100% online on Tuesday each week. The curriculum in the PayTrain® College & University course is updated each year to include the latest payroll concepts, recent changes, trends, and best practices. Our course is designed to help you learn and retain the material effectively and efficiently by combining the best exam preparation system with expert instruction and peer discussion.
By completing Payroll Level 1 and Level 2, you will gain:
- A foundation of knowledge for starting or advancing your payroll career
- Improved job performance by increasing accuracy and compliance
- Access to a network of peers to learn about payroll practices in other organizations
- Preparation for the FPC and CPP exams
- Recertification Credit Hours (RCH) or Continuing Education Units (CEU) to help maintain your FPC or CPP credential
Who Should Enroll in This Course?
Our course is designed primarily for individuals seeking FPC or CPP certification, but is also ideal for those looking for payroll professional development training.
- FPC and CPP exam candidates
- Experienced and entry-level payroll professionals
- Managers and supervisors providing strategic payroll management
- Sales professionals and consultants serving the payroll industry
- Systems analysts and engineers writing payroll programs
- Payroll service bureau client representatives
In cooperation with the American Payroll Association, Workforce at Butler Community College presents the PayTrain College & University® Program for payroll professionals. Comprised of two professional development courses, PayTrain Level 1 and PayTrain Level 2, this program is designed for all levels of payroll administration. Whether you are interested in preparing for the Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification exams, or are new to the industry and need to learn the basics of payroll, this program can help you meet your goals.
PayTrain Level 1 teaches the fundamental payroll calculations and applications necessary for individuals who are new to the payroll industry, those who support the payroll industry, and those who are preparing for the FPC or CPP certification examinations. This program will provide you with the basic knowledge and skills required to maintain payroll compliance and prevent costly penalties.
PayTrain Level 2 is a continuation of PayTrain Level 1 and provides students with an in-depth understanding of the advanced payroll topics necessary for payroll managers and supervisors. This program is ideal for experienced payroll professionals seeking compliance training, professional development, or CPP certification preparation.
Course Outline for PayTrain Level 1 and Level 2
(Similar topics are covered in both courses; however, PayTrain Level 1 is an introduction to these topics and PayTrain Level 2 examines each topic in more depth.)
Module 1: Payroll Concepts
Module 2: Calculations of Pay
Module 3: Calculations of Deductions and Net Pay
Module 4: Fringe Benefits and Other Payments
Module 5: Retirement Plans
Module 6: Cafeteria Plans
Module 7: Payroll Reporting and Employment Taxes
Module 8: Record Keeping and Payroll Practices
Module 9: Payroll Accounting and Audits
Module 10: Payroll Administration and Management
Module 11: Health Benefits (LEVEL 2 ONLY)
Module 12: International Payments (LEVEL 2 ONLY)
Interested in training your team? Ask about volume discounts or offering a program at your location. Contact us at 316-323-6118 or workforce@ButlerCC.edu .