COVID-19 Emergency Notification
COVID-19 Emergency Notification - August 7, 2020
To all members of the Butler Community College community:
The welfare and safety of our community during this time is Butlers primary concern. We are writing to inform you of a recent development relating to COVID-19.
A Butler Community College staff member has tested positive for COVID-19. Public and Butler healthcare officials acted quickly and we understand appropriate protocols are being followed.
We understand that this is a challenging situation at several levels. We ask that you respect the privacy of this individual.
We will continue to take steps to help protect the health and safety of our community.
We also take this opportunity to remind our community of some important information regarding COVID-19. In an effort to slow the spread of the virus, we are requesting your immediate attention to and compliance with the following health-authority-recommended practices – not only to ensure your own well-being, but the well-being of others:
- Follow government mandates around travel, work, and leaving your home.
- Engage in social distancing. Keep distance from others (about 6 feet).
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Get a flu vaccine.
- Watch for cough, troubled breathing, or other signs of respiratory infection.
- Monitor temperature for a fever above 100.4 degrees F (38 degrees C).
Those who develop a cough, fever, and difficulty breathing, should call their primary care provider or College Health located in the south end of the 1100 building on the El Dorado campus and the north end of the 5000 building for the Andover campus for further instructions.
Mental Health counseling is available to support those experiencing anxiety or other mental health concerns which are so common in these times.
Please know that we will be monitoring daily updated guidance and information to determine appropriate action. Regarding events and other campus-based programs: we will be keeping you informed about developments occurring in order to minimize the spread of the virus. This is not a time to panic. It is, however, a time to be attentive, flexible, serious, and engaged regarding the steps we need to take as a community to care for ourselves and for one another. Please be attentive to Butler Community College communications addressing COVID-19 and additional steps we will be taking to address this rapidly evolving situation.