One Semester Before Transferring
As you begin your last semester at Butler, you are no doubt excited and nervous about what the future holds. To make sure you are ready for the next steps, follow this checklist.
- Contact the four-year universities to confirm that your applications for admission were received.
- Finalize any scholarship essays and mail with scholarship applications and recommendation letters. The deadline for many universities is February 1.
- Apply for federal financial aid and contact the four-year universities to confirm that your scholarship applications were received.
- Once you know where you have been accepted and what scholarships you have been granted, you are ready to make a final choice on which university to attend.
- Many universities have transfer enrollment days in April and June, so make plans to attend the transfer day at the university of your choice. Take an unofficial copy of your transcript with you and arrange to have an official, final copy of your Butler transcript sent after your final grades have been posted.
- Begin checking into on and off campus housing options, if applicable.