EduCare Calendar & Closed Days
EduCare Calendar and Closed Days
Holidays and Scheduled Days the Center is Closed
- Labor Day
- Fall Break (varies, one day)
- Thanksgiving Break (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
- Christmas Break (according to the Butler calendar, late December – early January)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
These holidays are free to EduCare parents. When we are closed, you don’t pay.
Free Absence Days
Take them one at a time or all at once. We understand that your child may not be able to attend every day due to illnesses, vacations, or special stay-at-home days with you. We also understand that it can be frustrating paying for days when your child doesn’t attend. That is why we offer you a number of free absence days that can be used one at a time or all at once. These will be based on your child’s regular scheduled program to be used when your child is absent from EduCare.
Each time your child is absent and you use a free absence day, we reduce your tuition by the equivalent of one day of your child’s regular scheduled week. We maintain a record to track the free absence days you have used. It is helpful if you let us know when your child will be absent and using an absence day.
- This benefit cannot be offered to DCF parents.
- This benefit cannot be offered to parents receiving the ELOA campus grant.
- Free day benefits are to be used for children only when they are not in care.
- Free day benefits must be used in the school year provided to you and cannot be saved and carried over to the following year.
- Free days can only be applied to accounts that have a current balance.