Fine Arts & Communication Scholarships
Vocal Music Scholarships
To register for an audition, you'll need to fill out the online registration form on the Fine Arts and Communication Scholarships page. To prepare for your audition, follow the information below.
Offering a wide variety of opportunities to sing is a focus of the vocal Music Department. The Concert Choir is required of all scholarship students. Ensembles offering more extensive performance opportunities are filled by scholarship students on the basis of auditions held prior to each semester. Ensembles include:
- A Cappella Choir - featuring pop music arranged specifically for the ensemble
- Chamber Singers - featuring vocal jazz, madrigal and chamber literature
- Headliners - performing spirited, choreographed, showchoir music
- Ladies - an all female choreographed showchoir
- other smaller male and female ensembles as enrollment dictates
In-Person Audition Information:
All students must schedule in-person auditions on one of our official Fine Arts Audition days. If these days become full or a student can not attend on one of these days, please follow the submission guidelines below for a video audition. Live-auditioning students should prepare two selections of contrasting style (ie. one contest piece, one ballad, any style); foreign language not required. There will be an accompanist present at the audition or you may sing a cappella. Students who wish to do so may also accompany themselves. A CD Player will not be available.
All auditioning students will participate in a light dance/movement audition. Students should plan on wearing nice/semi-formal attire for their vocal audition and bringing a pair of comfortable clothes to change into for the dance call.
Auditioning students should ask a music teacher to submit our Vocal Music Teacher Recommendation Form to act as the letter of recommendation. Students can send the PDF to their instructors and have the instructor email the recommendation form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video Audition Information:
Students who can not attend the scheduled Fine Arts Audition days may submit a YouTube video (with an unlisted or public privacy setting) via email to email@example.com. Audition Videos should be sent no later than March 10th. Please complete your audition in one video instead of multiple videos put together. Your video should include:
- State your name, high school, and career/college major/goals
- Sing a 30-60 second segment of two contrasting songs that show off your range and ability in contrasting styles.
- Sing the Star Spangled Banner
- If you are interested in a dancing ensemble or show choir, you should also submit a short video of you dancing in a modern or show choir style. At least 32 counts (roughly 45 to 60 seconds).
Students auditioning via video submission should still register for an audition, ask a music teacher to submit the Vocal Music Teacher Recommendation Form as a letter of recommendation and the student should also fill out the Vocal Music Student Information Form which can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the YouTube URL.
For more information: