About Hotel Management
About Hospitality Management
We have a motto we like to use in Hospitality Management: "Let your job take you places."
Sound like your kind of challenge? Then you may want to consider a degree or certification in Hospitality Management at Butler. Our program emphasizes the marketing and operations to prepare you for careers in Hotel, Motel, and Restaurant Management, Event and Convention Planning, and Hotel and Restaurant Operations.
You will be taught by a faculty with distinguished credentials as hospitality managers who also have a talent for teaching and inspiring students.
Hospitality Management includes careers in areas such as:
- Transportation: Airlines, cruise lines, trains, motor coaches, and car rental agencies.
- Tourism Attractions: Historic sites, national parks, zoos, botanical gardens, theme parks, resorts.
- Hotels: Limited service motels, extended stay hotels, full-service hotels, bed & breakfasts.
- Restaurants: Within motels & hotels, independent restaurants, chain restaurants, specialty restaurants, fast-food restaurants.
- Travel-Support Agencies: Chamber of Commerce, Convention & Visitors Bureau, convention centers, meeting planners.
Our program is designed for the thoughtful and innovative student by combining both academic and hands-on training. All students have a four semester requirement of Work-Based Learning where they practice their competencies from the classroom into the workplace. When our students graduate with their associates degree they have a minimum of 600 hours of work-related experience in the field.