5000 Building Updates
5000 Building Renovation & Relocation Update
An era is getting ready to come to an end as Butler Community College works to close out its operations in the Andover High School; a location it has been a part of for the past 27 years. Classrooms, faculty offices and student service operations conducted within the high school are being relocated to the college’s 5000 Building located on East 13th Street in Andover.
The relocation became necessary due to the Andover School District’s expansion. Butler and the school district cooperatively agreed that Butler would try to vacate its current space in the high school by early June 2020, one year earlier than the lease agreement requires. In order to vacate by the requested date, the College is remodeling areas of its facility located on 13th Street
The Andover 5000 Building is quickly being recreated into a more modernized and student-friendly building. Besides new classrooms, offices, lab space and student services space, a larger meeting space is being built adjacent to the snack bar area to be used by internal staff and community organizations. We certainly understand there will be some frustration with this renovation and relocation along the way with classes still in session and offices open, but the completion of the project will offer a great, new look and a reason to celebrate!
Our Current Progress...
With the completion of the first phase of construction and renovation in the 5000 Building, many new offices and classrooms will be available for occupancy and use beginning in January 2020.
- For reference, room numbering changes follow a pattern:
- Room numbers around the student union area will be 50XX
- Room numbers on the 1st floor south end will be 51XX
- Room numbers on the 2nd floor south end will be 53XX
- Room numbers on the 1st floor north end will be 52XX
- Room numbers on the 2nd floor north end will be 54XX
- Many new room numbering signs have been installed at the junctions of hallways to assist in movement throughout the building.
- As with the fall semester, plenty of interior signage will direct students and staff through the building if areas are blocked off for construction.
- Exterior work will continue throughout the spring semester but currently there are not changes to available parking, entrances or exits.
- Please understand that because the 2nd and 3rd phases of construction are not yet complete, some rooms don’t yet exist…..but they will by summer and fall 2020!