Tutor Ambassador Positions
Tutor Ambassador: Apply Here
Applying to be a Tutor Ambassador:
Tutor Ambassadors are students who help their fellow students and classmates with their work. Students who are selected will receive a full books and tuition scholarship based on in-state tuition rates. Students not wishing to receive scholarships may be paid hourly at an rate of $9.00 per hour.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge in specific subject(s) and an academic record with a minimum GPA of 3.00.
- An A or B in the courses you wish to tutor.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and self-starter skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Two Tutor Ambassador References are required, with at least one being from an instructor in the subject specialty addressing knowledge and interpersonal skills. These references are open-ended and will remain confidential unless otherwise stated by submitting party. These references can be sent via email, campus mail, or hand delivery to Cassandra Zeiner. firstname.lastname@example.org 316.733.3286 BOE: 15-148 BOA: 5200A, OR they may fill out this form online.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester (if on scholarship)
- Commit a minimum of 15 hours per week to the tutoring program (if on scholarship). Work schedule will be coordinated around class schedules.
- Hourly employees must be students: at least one credit hour is required to work. Number of hours are determined by situation.
- Assist students in locating additional resources.
- Understand and implement the rules of engagement for subjects.
- Participate in mandatory training activities.
- Maintain records and student's progress using TutorTrac.
- Complete independent training activities to maintain CRLA's International Tutor Program certification.
- Be available and on-duty for all scheduled tutoring hours.
- Agree to observe the standards of conduct related to behavior and discipline as lined out in the Student Handbook.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with faculty, students and staff.
- Promote and support the Tutoring Services both on and off campus by visiting classrooms and giving presentations on services offered.
- Other duties as assigned.
Tutor Ambassador applicants are selected for personal interviews based on their written application and references. The style of these interviews vary by time of year and availability.
Orientation prior to starting is required.
HR requirements apply to those being paid hourly.
Complete the following form to apply to be a Tutor Ambassador. Don't forget: 2 references are required (see above).