Students may be required to complete the FAFSA for some scholarships as well as a separate scholarship application.
- Academic Scholarships are for students showing high academic achievement during high school by meeting specific GPA or academic test scores.
- Activity/Athletic Scholarships are for students who receive aid for their participation in Sports, Band, Theatre, Journalism, Vocal Music, Sports Media, etc.
- Foundation Scholarships are awarded by a scholarship committee based on a donor specified criteria.
- Butler Access Scholarships are for non-traditional adult students wishing to continue their education.
- Technical Scholarships are for students who participate in specified technical programs.
- There are also a variety of State of Kansas Scholarships awarded by the Kansas Board of Regents.
Apply for Foundation and Academic Scholarships
If you wish to apply for an Academic or Foundation scholarship, you may apply here for 2016-2017 Scholarships. The Scholarship Application priority date is March 1 for the following academic year but applications will still be accepted after this date.
To be eligible for an Academic Scholarship a student must:
- Be a first-time, full-time, college student who has never attended another college and completed one of the following:
- Graduated from an accredited high school with at least a 3.0 GPA or 22 ACT or 1010 SAT or was the recognized Valedictorian or Salutatorian of your class
- Completed your GED with at least a 3100
- Graduated from a non-accredited high school or home school with at least a 22 ACT, or 1010 SAT, or 3100 GED
For information on amounts of aid available for Academic Scholarships, review the Types of Scholarships.
Apply for Activity/Athletic Scholarships
If you wish to apply for an Activity/Athletic Scholarship such as Sports, Band, Theatre, Journalism, Vocal Music, Sports Media, etc., you should contact the department supervising that activity. Award letters will indicate estimated amounts only. An activity scholarship covers the exact cost equivalent to in-state tuition and books; the student is responsible for any fees. Visit our Tuition and Fees page for updated cost information. Scholarship Books are available at the bookstore one week before classes begin and must be returned at the end of the semester.
Apply for Technical Scholarships
Technical Scholarships are provided as an incentive for potential students who may not otherwise be able to enroll in technical programs at Butler. Full-time students are eligible to receive $265 and part-time students are eligible for $132.50. Students must have an online scholarship application on file.
Apply for Access Scholarships
Access Scholarships are provided to students on a first-come first-served basis who have not attended high school or college in the past 12 months and are not grant eligible. In addition, the student has not earned a college degree. Candidates must be a United States high school graduate. The scholarship covers tuition only for a maximum of six credit hours in one semester. To apply, students must fill out a 16-17 Butler Access Scholarship Access Scholarship Application.
State of Kansas Scholarship Program
Students may be required to complete the FAFSA for many of these scholarships as well as the Kansas Board of Regents Application.
These are some of the scholarships available.
- Kansas Career Technical Workforce Grant (formerly Vocational Education Scholarship)
- Kansas Ethnic Minority Scholarship
- Kansas Nursing Service Scholarship
- Kansas State Scholarship
- Kansas Teacher Service Scholarship