Students are expected to attend all scheduled class and examination meetings. Students are also expected to maintain satisfactory progress in each of the classes in which they are enrolled. Thus, whenever absences become excessive and, in the instructor's opinion, minimum course objectives cannot be met due to absences, the student may, at the discretion of the instructor, be withdrawn from the course. If a student is withdrawn by the instructor for excessive absences, a grade of "WT" (withdrawn by teacher) will be recorded on his/her permanent record. Instructors are responsible for clearly stating their attendance policy and administrative drop policy in the course syllabus, and it is the student's responsibility to be aware of those policies.
1. Students should not miss class for any reason other than a college activity or an emergency, as determined by the instructor (i.e. , death in the family, health).
2. Student absences for approved college activities will not accrue as excessive absences.
3. Students will be allowed to make up work missed as a result of college approved activities.
4. Students will make up work before the absence for the approved college activity or within one week after returning to class. Students will check with each instructor prior to the absence to arrange for make-up times.
5. Activity sponsors will publish a timely list of students who will be absent because of an approved college activity.
Return to Student Handbook Index
Last updated: Thursday, March 20, 2008