Butler/KU ADN & BSN Partnership
Earn your ADN & BSN at the same time
You can now earn your four-year degree and never leave Butler’s campus. Once all the general education/liberal arts classes are completed (approximately 60 credit hours) you will be able to complete both the ADN from Butler and BSN from KU at the same time therefore saving you time and money! The level of education remains quality as two nursing education powerhouses in the state partner together. Students take face-to-face instruction at Butler while taking KU Nursing classes online.
- Apply to Butler and declare the Pre-nursing Health Science degree.
- Complete all required general education/prerequisite courses with a 2.5 GPA or higher for KU Admission. General Education credits from other regionally-accredited institutions may be accepted.
- Apply to Butler Nursing program through the institution's application process.
- Apply to KU School of Nursing program through the institution's application process.
- Complete 37 hours of nursing curriculum face-to-face at Butler and Complete approximately 30 hours of nursing curriculum online through the KU School of Nursing.
- Upon graduation, student will be eligible to apply for the NCLEX-RN exam.
Once you are done, graduate as a Butler Grizzly and a KU Jayhawk!
- The nursing partnership model is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission , the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Students may enter the Butler and KU nursing program in the fall or spring.
- A student cannot progress in the KU Partnership if they do not progress in the Butler Program.
- The Butler/KU Partnership is for students seeking both an associate and bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Clinicals are included in the Butler curriculum.
- KU classes can be taken in the summer.
- Students are required to take a minimum of six (6) credit hours within the KU nursing curriculum each semester in addition to the semester coursework for Butler.
- Graduate with your ADN & BSN at the same time.
Butler CC and KU Partnership Curriculum