GED Test Registration
General Education Development (GED) Testing
Official GED Test
The GED test given at Butler provides you with the opportunity to earn a State of Kansas high school diploma by measuring major academic skills and knowledge in core content areas that are usually learned during four years of high school.
The GED battery of tests battery measures achievement in the following four subject areas:
- Reasoning through Language Arts
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Social Studies
GED tests are administered to approximately 700,000 people every year. One out of seven high school diplomas granted in the United States are based on passing the GED test. GED testing at Butler is completed in one of our certified PearsonVUE testing centers located at our El Dorado and Andover locations. Each testing session has limited space, so early registration is advised.
Registering for the Official GED Test
To register to take the GED test, you must:
- Create an account at the GED Testing Service website.
- Register to take the test at least 24 hours prior to the test date.
- Provide a current photo identification at check-in (Driver's License or Kansas Identification Card).
- Be at least 16 years of age, not be enrolled in high school, and not have graduated from high school. If you are under 18 years of age, you must bring a Compulsory Attendance Disclaimer from the school district in which you reside and be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. You do not need to be a student of Butler's Adult Education Center.
- Pay the $33 fee per test ($132 for all four tests) due at the time of on-line registration. Payment must be with a credit or debit card, NO cash or personal checks.
- Arrive at the appropriate test center to check in 15 minutes prior to your scheduled test time.
For assistance with GED test registration, contact Sherry Watkins at 316-323-6079 or email@example.com.