Fine Arts & Communication Scholarships
SCHOLARSHIP AUDITION INFORMATION
You can receive funding for college while gaining valuable experience through our scholarships! You are not required to major in the field for which the scholarship is granted.
Activity scholarships are available that pay for in-state tuition and provide a textbook allowance. Interested students could receive scholarships in the areas of Mass Communications (Radio/TV/Newspaper/Magazine/Sports Media), Music (Vocal or Instrumental), Theatre (Performance or Technical), and Visual Arts. Each department has different requirements for the audition and interview process. It is possible to audition for multiple departments, though you can only accept one scholarship.
To learn how to prepare for your audition or interview, select from the appropriate department in the "Pages in Fine Arts & Communication Scholarships" navigation list.
REGISTER FOR AN AUDITION
Students interested in our scholarships should review the submission requirements posted below. Auditions and Interviews may be scheduled for any of our in-person audition dates:
- Friday, March 4, 2022 (Audition for Theatre, Mass Comm, Instrumental Music)
- Saturday, March 5, 2022 (Audition for Theatre, Mass Comm, Instrumental Music, Visual Art)
- Friday, March 11, 2022 (Audition for Vocal Music)
- Saturday, March 12, 2022 (Audition for Vocal Music)
If you are interested in scholarships for any of our activities you will need to fill out the Fine Arts & Communication Scholarship Audition Request Form.
It is recommended, but not required, that you complete a Butler application (apply online) and have a Student ID Number before auditioning.
Upon completion of the registration form, please make sure to follow the submission instructions for each department.
- Visual Art Scholarship Submission Instructions
- Theatre Performance Audition Instructions
- Technical Theatre Audition Instructions
- Mass Communications Interview Instructions
- Instrumental Music Audition Instructions
- Keyboard Audition Instructions
- Box Office Management Interview Instructions
- Vocal Music Audition Instructions