Give Now

Secondary Education

Education Classroom

Learn to connect with students

Make a difference in a child’s life, and become a teacher. When you study secondary education at Butler, you learn teaching from experienced educators, both on campus and in area schools for your real-world experience. You expand your knowledge and complete the first two years of your teaching degree for less cost than at a traditional four-year college. After you receive your associate degree in secondary education, you can transfer seamlessly into a content-specific secondary education bachelor’s degree program.

Estimated tuition for Secondary Education = $10,020**

**This includes two years of tuition based on being a Kansas Resident and taking 60 credit hours, estimated fees, and estimated books. Housing and meal plans not included. Fees may vary depending on specific degree path.

Classes You Take

Save time and money when creating your schedule. View your course sequence and determine how long your degree will take to finish.


The graph below illustrates local salaries based on a career path related to this degree. Each career path varies as does the necessary training required.* For further information, connect with your program’s lead instructor.

Secondary School Teachers

$24.16 hourly wage
957 annual job openings

12317 Secondary School Teachers are currently employed in Kansas.

*Salaries will vary based on degree level obtained and years of experience. The accuracy of EMSI data is deemed reliable but not guaranteed by Butler Community College and is subject to change.