Early College 3D Academy
Let us help you earn your Associates Degree in Interactive 3D Technologies while simultaneously earning your High School diploma by spending half a day at your high school and the other half at Butler’s Andover campus. You can prepare yourself for working in the creative part of the IT field and get a jump start on your college career.
As students of the Early College 3D Academy you will:
- Develop and design games and interactive simulations
- Learn graphic creation as it relates to gaming and digital production
- Create documentary and movie style productions
- Learn 2D and 3D Animation, and Digital Photography/Cinematography to an advanced level
- Design and Print 3D Models
- Develop new worlds using state of the art Virtual Reality tools.
- Create motion capture sequences live and apply them to animations
- Learn Stop Motion Animation and how to create stop motion videos and movies
- Work with state of the art equipment including all new 4K cameras and computers
- Work with industry professionals with well over 100 years of combined experience
- Learn transferable digital/creative skills
- Prepare yourself for a job in the field of your choice
Prepare for certification and take your certification exams at Butler for:
- Adobe Certified Expert – Specializing in any or all of their suite
- Autodesk Certified User
- Unity Certified Developer
- And other Industry standard credentials!
You will be able to choose from the following three exciting and cutting edge tracks:
3D Interactive Technologies – Create Interactive/Educational Simulations and Games. You will learn their creation as well as coding while working in a team environment with industry professionals to help you on your way to success. Our academy students have successfully created 2 games in their Capstone Classes that were widely enjoyed by their peers and instructors, with most of them continuing on to finish their education in the field or starting work locally in the game industry. More and more companies are coming to Wichita every month.
Digital Video Production – Script, Storyboard, record and create your very own documentary and movie productions. Learning from Emmy nominated industry professionals you will learn what you need to succeed in the Movie/Documentary field. You will be working in the field on productions with Hollywood producers and directors. Butler Digital Video Production Department has taken part in several productions such as The Rudy Love Story, Tallgrass and Sundance Featured “Bender”, California produced and released short feature “The Hoover Road” and several others. You will learn the trade from every aspect! Wichita is becoming a hub of the film industry because of our local culture and scenery.
Digital Media – Using industry standard tools and software, you will learn to create visually stunning graphics using a variety of methods. Our instructors have years of graphical experience and will guide you on your path to success in the growing graphical field. This will prepare the student to work for local companies in their graphical/web departments. This field is exploding right now, with a great outlook for the future.
Many students involved in the EC3DA are eligible for our Tuition Free Technical Courses. Butler is helping to waive the cost of tuition for high school juniors and seniors who meet residency requirements for enrollment in any tiered career technical course.
100% of current program graduates are furthering their education at Butler, a 4-year university, or are working in the industry.
VIEW CLASSES the student will take.
Butler of Andover, 5000 Building
715 E 13th St
Andover, KS 67002