Workforce Training in High Demand
WORKFORCE TRAINING IN HIGH DEMAND - EARN WHILE YOU LEARN
Butler Community College helps companies and individuals with hands-on training fill workforce gaps in Wichita and throughout Kansas as a Apprenticeship Intermediary. Read the latest here!
- Butler Community College is a Registered Apprenticeship provider for the state of Kansas and is recognized as such by the Kansas State Office of Apprenticeship.
- Butler is a Related-Training Instruction (RTI) provider for established apprenticeship programs
- Butler is an Apprenticeship Intermediary for the state of Kansas
WE BUILD & FACILITATE APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMS TO MEET INDUSTRY & INDIVIDUAL NEEDS
Registered Apprenticeship is an industry-driven, high-quality career pathway where employers can develop and prepare their future workforce, and individuals can obtain paid work experience, receive progressive wage increases, classroom instruction, and a nationally-recognized credential.
- 144 HRS minimum of accredited classroom training must be completed for each year of apprenticeship which can be accomplished through classroom, occupational or industry courses, electronic media, or instruction provided by Butler or a company sponsor.
- 2,000 HRS of paid on-the-job-training provided by employer
- Apprenticeships don’t have to be technical. They span across all industries including office careers.
- Top apprenticeship industries (list is not all inclusive)
- Cyber Security / IT
- Help Desk Tech
- Construction/Masonry / Bricklaying
- Truck Driver
- Diesel Mechanic / Auto Tech
- Distribution / Logistics
- Facilities Manger
- Health Care / Paramedic
- Child Care
- Electrician / Electrical
BENEFITS TO INDIVIDUALS:
- Completion of a KansasWorks recognized apprenticeship provides instant credibility to employers
- New skills in high-demand jobs mean higher wages and even greater growth opportunities
- Apprentices must be paid for on-the-job training hours
- Training is short and industry focused
BENEFITS TO INDUSTRY
- New employees are trained right and ready to grow in the industry
- Apprenticeships can be custom designed to suit specific training needs
- Butler brings individuals together for volume training, so companies with 1 or 2 apprentices can still benefit from an apprenticeship program
- Free to the apprentice/trainee
- Apprenticeships can be funded by WIOA
- Paid for by Companies, ask about custom training packages
- Costs dependent upon industry track and materials needed
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Start a conversation today.