Testing Procedures & Student Responsibilities
- Photo Identification is REQUIRED for ALL testers. Appointments are recommended.
- Headphones/ear plugs are available upon request. All other accommodations may require Disability Services.
- Certain items may be prohibited in the Testing Center, e.g., smartwatches, earbuds/AirPods, and headphones. Please contact a Testing Center if you have questions.
- Children and non-testers are not permitted in Butler Testing Centers.
- Respect a quiet testing environment.
- Testing may need to limit room capacity. Every effort will be made to start appointments on time, however unscheduled delays may occur.
Student Responsibilities for Course Exams
- Arrive at the Testing Center to check in for makeup and online testing on time.
- Bring a photo ID, cell phone (if that is your Butler MFA contact number) and all course allowed testing materials (by instructor) needed for your exam. These items are subject to inspection. Pencils and scratch paper are provided as well as generally allowed calculators and formula sheets. Please contact a Testing Center if you have questions.
- Lockers are available at some locations for student use to secure personal items. Please be aware Testing is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Allow adequate time to complete testing within the Testing Center operating hours, and in only one session. Tests may not be started at one time and completed later.
- Scratch paper and any authorized allowable must be returned upon the conclusion of all tests.
- All make-up testing must be completed before Finals Week.
- Homework can not be submitted through the Testing Center without prior approval.
Placement Testing Information
- Check in for placement testing begins with the Advising Receptionist. Completion of the Placement Testing Questionnaire for Examinees Form may be required.
- Students must have an admissions application on file prior to testing.
- Non-Butler placement tests are subject to a $25 non-refundable fee.
- Students are not allowed to bring their own calculators for placement exams.
- Understand that if a test administrator notices the appearance and/or indication of cheating the appropriate faculty, Academic Dean and/or site adviser will be notified. Consequences will be determined in accordance with the Academic Integrity Policy.