Start Smart is an initiative for concurrently enrolled high school students taking Butler classes. Upon high school graduation, students who enroll full-time at Butler will be reimbursed the tuition paid while in high school. Beginning in the fall of 2016, Start Smart credits will no longer be eligible for accumulation. However, all previously earned Start Smart credits will be honored. For more information on the eligibility and requirements of Start Smart credit, refer to the requirements listed below, or the Start Smart FAQ page.
Butler is committed to making a college education achievable and accessible. Visit our Tuition Waivers page for additional opportunities to save money while earning college credit in high school.
- Butler classes taken during any fall, spring or summer semesters prior to high school graduation are eligible for tuition reimbursement.
- Reimbursement will cover the tuition paid for by the student during high school.
- Students must have earned a grade of C or higher in Butler classes taken during high school.
- The tuition reimbursement is granted to students who enroll and attend full-time in the fall or spring semesters for up to a year following high school graduation.
- Graduated high school students attending only summer classes are not eligible.
- Butler must be the only institution attended after high school graduation.