National Guard Partnership
|Butler Community College partners with the Kansas Army National Guard to help students not only pay for college, but to gain knowledge, respect, and leadership. Students can serve the citizens of Kansas and receive valuable training while simultaneously pursuing their degrees. The Kansas National Guard offers several ways for students to pay for their college education so that students can graduate from college with little or no school debt. You will receive pay or compensation for every day you serve, and this includes all time spent in training. In other words, the Guard will pay for you to learn valuable job skills that translate to the civilian work force… all while you earn your college degree. Below are numerous options to gain knowledge, receive hands-on training in your desired field, and a degree without worrying about the costs.|
National Guard Career Options
- Interior Electrician
- Information Technology Specialist
- Radio Operator-Maintainer
- Paralegal Specialist
- Intelligence Analyst
- Human Resources Specialist
- Military Police
- Chaplain Assistant
- Food Service Specialist
- Unit Supply Specialist
- Field Artillery Firefinder Radar Operator
- Radar Repairer
- Indirect Fire Infantryman (Mortarman)
- Cavalry Scout
- M1 Armor Crewmember
- Aircraft Structural Repairer
- UH-60 Helicopter Repairer
- Plus MANY MORE!!!
The following jobs in the Kansas Army National Guard currently have a $20,000 enlistment bonus. This list may change on a quarterly basis. Contact your local recruiter for details.
- Horizontal Construction Engineer (12N)
- Carpentry and Masonry Specialist (12W)
- Cannon Crewmember (13B)
- Fire Control Specialist (13J)
- Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) Crewmember (13M)
- UH-60 Helicopter Repairer (15T)
- Health Care Specialist (68W)
- Motor Transport Operator (Truck Driver) (88M)
- Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (91B)
- Food Service Specialist (92G)
- Plumber (12K)
- Field Artillery Firefinder Radar Operator (13R)
- Signal Support Systems Specialist (25U)
- Human Resources Specialist (42A)
- Utilities Equipment Repairer (91C)
- Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) Repairer (94P)
By earning your degree through Butler and joining the Kansas National Guard, you can learn, gain knowledge and experience, and defend all at the same time. For more information on careers available in the National Guard, go to https://www.nationalguard.com/careers.
Click here to learn more about the Kansas National Guard’s education, insurance, retirement, and pay benefits.
- Kansas Army National Guard: Overview of the benefits and careers available to Guard members and links to contact a local recruiter.
- Kansas National Guard: Detailed information on National Guard service requirements, careers, benefits, and resources.
- Kansas Adjutant General's Website: Overview of the education benefits available to members of the Kansas National Guard, and links to additional websites for more in-depth information.
- Kansas Board of Regents Credit for Prior Learning: Information and guidelines on awarding academic credit for a student's knowledge and expertise acquired through life and professional experience, to include military training.
- GoArmyEd: Contact information for the Kansas National Guard State Education Services Office.
Butler Community College
Coordinator of Verifications & Veterans Benefits/Records
Kansas National Guard
Mr. Steve Harmon
Education Services Officer
Sgt. Joshua Grant