Facilities Management Certification - ProFM
Earn Your ProFM Credential and Advance Your Facilities Management Career!
BETA has partnered with ProFMI to offer an important facilities management credential in an accessible format. The ProFM credential is designed to be universally applicable, so it will benefit any facility professional and can help advance your career in the field of facilities management. Whether you currently work in the greater Wichita area, or anywhere in the world, you can benefit from the ProFM credential regardless of your industry current career stage.
Now is a great time to ensure you are prepared to meet the demands of the constantly changing roles and needs of your organization and the needs that everyone in the facility management industry as a whole is facing. BETA and ProFM’s classes are designed to be totally inclusive, and allow for entire departments or individual facility professionals. You will not only eliminate any knowledge gaps that may exist on your team, you will also develop the key skills necessary to keep your organization moving forward in today's environment and tomorrow's challenges.
The ProFM credential will:
- Expand your facilities management skills and knowledge base
- Immediately allow you to apply the very latest best practices to your current role
- Help develop your strategic business skills, which benefits your entire organization
- Differentiate and distinguish yourself from your peers in facilities management
- Build confidence in yourself for leadership roles and decision making
Our program provides numerous ways of navigating the changing facilities management industry by showing you how to evaluate staff and train employees, and identifying the right skills in new hires to ensure they will help your team achieve success.
Modality: 7 Online Coaching Sessions Led by an Expert Instructor using Zoom Meeting Software Online
DATE, TIME AND REGISTER:
$1,999 (includes all course materials and exam voucher).
Discounts are available for Butler CC Employees, Alumni & Students, US Veterans, Government Employees, and Early Bird Registrations (Call Butler CC at 316.323.6118 for details)
Interested in becoming ProFM Certified?
Functional FM Knowledge Areas
|Asset Management||Risk Management|
|Project Management||Compliance & Standards|
|Strategic Planning||Environmental Health & Safety|
|Operations & Maintenance||Business Management|
|Technical Services||Human Capital|
|Occupant Services||Leadership Skills|
|Work Management||Financial Management|
|Utility Management||Contract Management|
How to Earn Your ProFM
- Enroll in BETA's ProFM Credential Program course.
- Take an assessment to determine any gaps in your knowledge with an online pre-test.
- Grow your knowledge by reviewing the online reading materials.
- Apply the concepts you’ve learned with online quizzes and flashcards.
- Earn the ProFM credential by passing the two-part online final assessment with a score of 70% or higher.
The ProFM Credential Program helps facility professionals stay up-to-date on the latest developments throughout the industry, and to maintain this currency, ProFM credential holders are required to renew every three years.
- Knowledge Exam: 75 Knowledge-based multiple-choice questions. Duration: 90 minutes.
- Application Exam: 50 Situation-based multiple-choice questions. Duration: 90 minutes.
- Pass both exams at 70% or higher to earn the ProFM™ Credential.
Who Should Take This Program?
ProFM was designed to be the one credential for all facility professionals, applicable across industries, job titles, and geographies. ProFM is beneficial at all career levels:
1. Early Career FM-Related Roles: ProFM provides early-career facility professionals with new FM skills and knowledge and a way to gain recognition with employers, clients, and co-workers.
2. Mid-Career FM-Related Roles: ProFM helps mid-career facility professionals identify and fill their knowledge and skill gaps, prove that they have the skills desired by employers, and show their commitment to leadership.
3. Senior FM Professionals: ProFM helps senior facility professionals update and validate their knowledge and skills while also serving as a helpful tool for identifying knowledge gaps in themselves and their staff.
Are there any eligibility requirements in order to qualify for ProFM?
While there are no mandatory pre-requisites, it is beneficial for candidates to have one or more of the following:
- Basic knowledge of facility management
- Work experience in FM-related functional areas such as:
- Operations and Maintenance: Technical and occupant services, work management, utility management, space management
- Asset Management: Project management, strategic and capital planning, construction
- Risk Management: Compliance and standards, environmental health and safety, security, emergency management
- Business Management: Human capital, leadership skills, financial management, contract management, procurement, real estate
- A related FM credential
ProFM Renewal Requirements
- Continuing Education (attending in-person or virtual courses, educational sessions at conferences, seminars, workshops, digital media consumption, etc.)
- Working in the FM Profession (advancing knowledge and skills as an FM practitioner or consultant)
- Reading (consuming books, articles, whitepapers, blogs, etc.)
- Sharing knowledge (mentoring, coaching, subject matter expert consultation, teaching, etc.)
- Professional accomplishments (presenting, speaking engagements, board/committee member, publication of book/article/whitepaper, earning related credential, etc.)
Price: $2,650 (includes all course materials) Early Bird Discounted Rate. Goes to $2,800 after deadline.
Discounts: Butler CC Alumni & Students, US Veterans, Government Employees, Early Bird Registration
Class Schedule: Details are found in schedule section on registration page.
Modality: Online – 7 Online Coaching Sessions Led by an Expert Instructor
Get expert support with a 1-hour online orientation session and six 2-hour Zoom coaching sessions hosted by a ProFM-credentialed instructor. Sessions are recorded for those who cannot attend.
Materials: Included in price. Exam cost is separate.
Meet Your Instructor
James has decades of experience in energy, engineering, education, and business. For 22 years, he was the Director of the Penn State Facilities Engineering Institute overseeing a ten-fold growth in of the Institute by increasing breadth and depth of facilities management and energy services to public sector entities throughout the county.
Mr. Myers has developed and provided customized training for facility professionals for more than 30 years. He developed and introduced customers to numerous and varied O&M facilities cost saving programs. Mr. Myers received his B.S. in Civil and Environmental Engineering from Cornell University and M.S. in Architectural Engineering from Penn State University and is a registered professional engineer and one of the first to receive the ProFM credential. He also worked in the private sector in the power industry and water treatment.