BrewU: Beer Crafting 101 Certificate Program
In a partnership with Walnut River Brewing Company and Butler Community College we bring you BrewU: Beer Crafting 101 Certificate Program
This introductory course will provide hands-on training and theoretical knowledge to aspiring brewers and beer enthusiasts. Students will learn about the history of beer and different brewing styles and ingredients. They will also have the opportunity to work with industry-standard brewing equipment and learn the science behind brewing beer, including fermentation, temperature control, and recipe formulation.
What: 30-hour basic Beer brewing course for home brewing or exploring a career in the industry.
- Week 1 - Saturday, February 17, 2024 9:00 AM to Noon
- Week 2 - Saturday, February 24, 2024 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM (30-minute lunch break)*
- Week 3 - Saturday, March 2, 2024 9:00 AM to Noon
- Week 4 - Saturday, March 9, 2024 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM (30-minute lunch break)* Spring Break - March 16, 2024 - NO CLASS
- Week 5 - Saturday, March 23, 2024 9:00 AM to Noon
- Week 6 - Saturday, March 30, 2024 9:00 AM to Noon
- Week 7 - Saturday, April 6, 2024 9:00 AM to Noon
- Week 8 - Saturday, April 13, 2024 9:00 AM to Noon
*Classes with 30-minute lunch breaks are BYOL or WRB has food to purchase.
*Course limited to 15 participants. Must be 21 years of age to attend.
Where: Walnut River Brewing Co. - 111 W Locust Ave, El Dorado, KS 67042
Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from Butler Community College.