Apprenticeship Partnerships - Online Orientation
- About five days before your online classes are scheduled to begin, we will send you an e-mail through your Butler email account that includes information about:
- How to log into your classes
- When your classes will begin
We encourage you to log on to Canvas as soon as you get this information to become familiar with the course structure and navigation. Be sure to purchase the required course materials right away, as well.
Getting Started Online
Please be sure to review our Virtual Online Orientation. This orientation takes the user on a tour of the online environment from virtually anywhere. If you have not received an email in your Butler email account, by the first day of class, please contact Butler Online by email email@example.com or phone at 316-323-6000.
Within Canvas, online students are asked to:
- Review these basic technical skills required for success in the online learning environment.
Required Technical Skills
- Make note of these actions and attitudes beneficial to your success in Butler online courses.
Mindset for Successful Online Learning
- Butler offers a Virtual Online Orientation in Canvas that is open to the public.
Associate in Applied Science | Associate in Applied Science in Workforce Development
BETA, Butler's Business Education and Training Analysis group, works with area apprenticeships to help round out educational offerings for their skilled employees. The result is a two-year degree from Butler Community College with credit from your apprenticeship.
Our partnerships are part of the college's Corporate Studies program. Butler was one of the first in the state to offer an Associate Degree in Corporate Studies to assist trade school participants and apprentices in obtaining their two-year degree. This degree program is unique as it can be tailored to any industry.
If you are interested in an apprenticeship program or are a union trades worker, please work with your apprenticeship first to get started. Then, complete a free application for admission. There is no application fee. An advisor will assist you every step of the way.
Copyright© 2021 Butler Community College. All rights reserved