Apprenticeship Partnerships - Financial Aid
Students seeking a degree may be responsible to pay tuition, fees and other expenses for general education classes and may want to consider applying for Financial Aid.
Federal Aid Application Process:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov.
- Include the Butler's code 001906.
- The FAFSA information will be forwarded to Butler Community College 7-10 business days after completing the application online.
- Additional requirements may be needed to complete your financial aid file and will be posted to your Pipeline account.
- Go to FinAid Eligibility Info through the student quick clicks to view financial aid requirements.
- By completing the FAFSA, you are applying for:
- Federal Grants – Federal Pell Grants and Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants.
- Federal Work-Study – Working on campus, paid $7.25 per hour.
- Federal Subsidized Direct Student Loans – Loans that the federal government pays the interest on while you are enrolled in at least 6 credit hours.
- Federal Unsubsidized Direct Student Loans – Loans that you owe the interest on from the date of disbursement.
- The FAFSA must be renewed on a yearly basis. The 2020-2021 application will be used to award federal financial aid for the Fall 2020, Spring 2021, and Summer 2021semesters.
- Students need to complete 67% of their attempted hours with a 2.0 or higher GPA to maintain financial aid eligibility.
For more detailed information Financial Aid, please visit the Financial Aid homepage.
Associate in Applied Science | Associate in Applied Science in Workforce Development
BETA, Butler's Business Education and Training Analysis group, works with area apprenticeships to help round out educational offerings for their skilled employees. The result is a two-year degree from Butler Community College with credit from your apprenticeship.
Our partnerships are part of the college's Corporate Studies program. Butler was one of the first in the state to offer an Associate Degree in Corporate Studies to assist trade school participants and apprentices in obtaining their two-year degree. This degree program is unique as it can be tailored to any industry.
If you are interested in an apprenticeship program or are a union trades worker, please work with your apprenticeship first to get started. Then, complete a free application for admission. There is no application fee. An advisor will assist you every step of the way.
Copyright© 2021 Butler Community College. All rights reserved