WHO SHOULD TEST?
- Applicants with a high school cumulative unweighted GPA of 2.99 or below (additional criteria for math)
- Applicants without access to a high school transcript
- GED students
OTHER FORMS OF ACCEPTED PLACEMENT INCLUDE:
ACT (minimum score of English-18, Reading-15, Math-21)
- SAT (minimum score of Reading/Writing-480, Math-530)
- Official transcript from accredited college in the U.S. showing previous English and/or math coursework
- Advanced Placement (AP) with appropriate test score
- Recent Workkeys test scores
Still unsure whether you need a placement test? Contact an advisor at email@example.com or call 316-322-3163 or 316-323-6259.
- ACCUPLACER assesses your skill levels in reading and writing to determine if you’re ready to take classes that will earn you college credit. If you show proficiency in a subject, you won’t have to take developmental classes and can start earning college credits right away that count toward a degree or certificate. The ACCUPLACER test is on the computer and is untimed.
- MMPA (My Math Plan Assessment) is Butler’s own Math diagnostic placement test. An advisor will determine the appropriate test based on information you provide (see above). Most students start with MMPA #2 which covers class material from Fundamentals of Algebra (developmental) and Intermediate Algebra. The MMPA is on the computer and takes an average of 90 minutes to complete.
- ACCUPLACER ESL (English as a second language) helps place English learners in appropriate classes. This assessment tool has five components: Sentence Meaning, Language Use, Reading Skills, Listening, and WritePlacer ESL. This test is on the computer and is not timed.
PREPARING TO TEST:
Preparing for the placement test is highly recommended to ensure accurate placement into English and math classes and could potentially save you time and money.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHERE/WHEN CAN I TEST?
All placement testing is by appointment only.
|Butler of Andover||Butler of El Dorado|
|Butler Service Center||Butler Flint Hills|
2626 S. Rock Road
701 E. Main St.
131 W. Main St.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 316.323.6245.
HOW DO I SCHEDULE AN ON-SITE PLACEMENT TEST?
- Please contact the Testing Center nearest you to schedule a time to take the placement test on-site.
CAN I TAKE THE PLACEMENT TEST REMOTELY?
- To schedule a remote placement test, contact Advising at email@example.com or call 316-323-6259.
- You will need a photo ID and computer with a camera and microphone to take a remote placement test.
CAN I TAKE THE TEST MORE THAN ONE TIME?
- Students will be allowed to retest for Writing and/or Reading after a one week waiting period, not to exceed a maximum of five retests in a year cycle. There will be a $5 fee per retested section.
- Students will be allowed to retest for Math (MMPA) after a four -week waiting period, not to exceed a maximum of five retests in a year cycle. There will be a $5 fee per retest.