CertWise Essentials of Project Management
Customized Project Management courses available for groups and organizations
Project management is important to all industries and professions. Organizations, teams and individuals have goals and need an effective plan to achieve those goals. Whether you’re interested in entering the project management field as a career path, are overseeing a project, or are part of a project team, Butler Community College course will give you the practical knowledge, tools, and confidence to succeed.
Practical Project Management Training Saves Time, Money, and Stress
Butler Community College teaches the “how to” of project management led by an expert instructor and supported by the CertWise® Essentials of Project Management online course materials including case studies, templates and worksheets. This course, spanning 8 weeks, is broken into four modules:
- Module One: Project Management: The Discipline and the Profession
- Module Two: Planning and Balancing Project Work
- Module Three: Executing, Controlling, and Closing the Project
- Module Four: Strategic Value of Projects
While the course is not intended as certification preparation, it is aligned with PMI’s PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition and can serve as a steppingstone toward PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP)® or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® certifications. PMP, CAPM, PMBOK and PMI are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
The Right Project Management Course for You
Butler Community College delivers fundamental knowledge and skills, ideal for you if you are...
- Pursuing project management as a new career path. Discover the fundamentals and best practices of project management and start your project management career off on the right foot.
- Overseeing a project for the first time. Learn the project management framework and tools you need to lead an efficient and successful project from planning through to closing.
- An active participant in a project team. Better understand, the role of your project lead as well as the roles and responsibilities of your leader and the entire team.
- Managing a team of project managers for the first time. Understand the responsibilities, processes, and tools followed by your team of project managers and determine how you can support their needs.
- Looking for formal project management education, starting with a foundational course as a stepping stone before pursuing a more comprehensive project management course or certificate program.
- Interested in earning the CAPM® or PMP® certification in the future, but don’t yet meet program prerequisites. Aligned with the PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition, this course will give you a head start by introducing you to concepts you’ll encounter in the future as you prepare for certification exams.
CertWise® Essentials of Project Management Course Materials
The CertWise Essentials of Project Management online course materials include four modules covering key project management topics. The following course materials and study tools will be available to you, on-demand, for 12 months:
- Online tutorial video
- Reading Materials
- Classroom slides
- Case study scenarios, templates, and worksheets
- Class discussion and journal activities
- “Check Your Understanding” quizzes with recommended readings
- End of module quizzes
- Reports tracking your progress and scores
- Links to additional resources
Benefits for You
When you enroll in the Butler Community College course, you will:
- Gain practical expertise that can immediately impact your job performance.
- Build a strong foundation of project management knowledge, skills, and tools to become a better project leader, team member, or manager.
- Establish practical skills by applying your new project management skills to case study scenarios.
- Take advantage of the knowledge and experiences of your expert instructor.
- Earn formal project management education hours and/or Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Qualify for your organization’s tuition reimbursement program.
- Stay motivated to complete your training with set class dates and assignments.
- Build your project management network through fellow course participants and your instructor.
Benefits for Your Employer
The Butler Community College course can help your organization achieve its strategic initiatives and goals through an effective project management process. This program:
- Builds the knowledge, skills, toolkit, and confidence of your project managers through formal training.
- Reduces the risk of project failure by following a structured process and best practices.
- Increases the efficiency of project leaders and teams.
- Promotes a consistent understanding of project structure to individuals who part of a formal project team for the first time.
Value of the Butler Community College Course:
Time-efficient and comprehensive: One training program covers fundamental project management topics and tools in 16 hours of class time.
Exceptional instruction: Learn from a project management expert who provides insight and one-on-one guidance.
Networking and peer interaction: Share experiences, discuss topics, and gain real-world insights into project management.
Stay on track: Structured class time and assignments help keep you motivated and on track.