CLEP / DSST
Testing Days and Times are:
Thursday: walk-in 8:00am - 2:00pm
Location: Room 19 - Downstairs in the Education Wing of the Dole Center
Principles of Public Speaking is a two part test; computer portion and oral speech. Computer portion can be taken Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Oral speech is by appointment only and appointments will be made after computer portion is taken or by contacting the test administrator Richard Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tests will be given on a walk-in, first come - first serve basis in Room 19 (downstairs), RJ Dole Community Center. Two forms of identification are required at the time of testing. One ID must have a photograph.
Test Centers no longer create registrations nor collect payment for exam fees. You must register and pay for a CLEP exam through My Account.
- You will need to present a voucher to enter the room for CLEP testing. These vouchers can be completed and printed out at http://clepportal.collegeboard.org/myaccount. You will need to sign in or create an account.
- These vouchers obtained on My Account permit DANTES military funded people to indicate that they are military, indicate where they wish their test scores to be sent, and other personal account information, and permit people who are self-funded to pay the $80.00.
- Self-funded testers will continue to pay the $20.00 test administration fee to Butler Community College in the Education Office.
DSST (DANTES) Testers:
- No voucher is needed at this time.
- $80.00 DSST fee is due at the time of the exam. Payable by credit card on the computer to DSST, plus a $20.00 administrative fee payable by credit card, check, or cash to Butler Community College.
There is NO COST to Active Duty for CLEP or DSST for initial testing.
Retesting will cost the exam and administrative fee.
CLEP & DSST study materials are available for checkout at the McConnell Library, or downloadable in the Air Force Virtual Education Center (via the AF Portal) or available online.
PRIOR TO TESTING, THE EXAMINEE NEEDS TO KNOW THE INSTITUTION'S ACCEPTANCE POLICY AND PASSING SCORE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE APPLICABLE CLEP OR DSST EXAMINATION.
For more information about Butler's policy, please visit the CLEP Testing page