CLEP / DSST
Testing Days and Times Beginning:
Location: Room 19 PC Lab - Basement level in the Education Wing of the Dole Center
There is NO COST for Active Duty for CLEP or DSST for initial testing.
Re-testing will cost the exam and administrative fee.
All tests are currently by appointment only. Same day walk-in appointments are subject to availability. Two forms of identification are required at the time of testing. One ID must have a photograph.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 316.323.6050 to schedule.
PRIOR TO TESTING, THE EXAMINEE NEEDS TO KNOW THEIR INSTITUTION'S ACCEPTANCE POLICY AND PASSING SCORE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE APPLICABLE CLEP OR DSST EXAMINATION.
For more information about Butler's policy, please visit the CLEP Testing page
The Butler of McConnell Test Center no longer collects payment for exam fees. You must register and pay any necessary fees for the CLEP exam through the College Board portal prior to arriving for testing.
- All examinees must present a paper CLEP voucher to enter the room for CLEP testing. Examinees must have a registered account at https://www.collegeboard.org/ in order to select and print vouchers.
- Vouchers obtained for CLEP exams permit DANTES funded testers to indicate that they are military to negate any applicable fees, select where they wish their test scores to be sent, and permit any testers who are self-funded to pay the testing fee.
- Self-funded testers will continue to pay the $30.00 test administration fee to Butler Community College in the Education Office.
DSST (DANTES) Testers:
- No voucher is needed at this time.
- For non-DANTES funded examinees the fee is due at the time of the exam payable by credit card on the computer to DSST, plus an applicable $30.00 administrative fee payable by credit card, check, or cash to Butler Community College.
CLEP & DSST study materials are available for checkout at the McConnell Library, or downloadable in the Air Force Virtual Education Center (via the AF Portal) or available online.
The Principles of Public Speaking Exam is a two part, two session, DSST test. Upon the successful completion of Part I a second test session for the audio recorded Part II will be scheduled through Testing with each candidate.