Frequently Asked Questions | Questions about McConnell Campus | Butler Community College

Planned System Upgrades

Due to planned system upgrades, Banner will be unavailable starting Friday night and will last until Sunday night.

Questions about McConnell Campus

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can take classes at the Butler of McConnell Air Force Base (AFB) location?

Any person who is a U.S. Citizen and has completed and passed a background check. A simple form must be completed several weeks prior to start of classes on McConnell AFB to obtain a government-issued pass to have access to get onto the base.

What classes are offered at Butler of McConnell? 

McConnell AFB offers many of the basic courses required for most degrees. These are also referred to as "Gen Eds" or "Core Classes". These consist of the basic educational requirements for students to receive degrees in areas such as Communications, Natural Sciences, Math, Behavioral Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, Fine Arts, and Physical Education. To view our current course offerings, select Butler of McConnell as your class location in the Course Schedule.

How do I get to the McConnell Air Force Base campus? 

The easiest way to enter McConnell Air Force Base is through the Rock Road entrance. This is south of Kellogg, past Pawnee and the entrance will be on your right. We are located in the east wing of the Dole Community Center. Visit our locations page for a map.

When are courses offered and when do I need to enroll?

Butler offers a great selection of course lengths and formats, including 8-week, 16-week, and blended courses.
We have classes starting every eight weeks which means you can begin a second 8-week class mid-way through the semester just in case you missed the traditional semester start dates. This means we are ALWAYS enrolling – so no need to wait!! You are welcome to check out our schedule and complete the forms to enroll TODAY!

When do I need to pay? 

Tuition needs to be paid by the class start date. Students enrolling after that date must pay at the time of enrollment. Partial payments can be arranged by contacting Dee Mabe at 316.323.6051 for more information.

What if I have tuition assistance (military members)? 

Tuition assistance pays all tuition, but specific fees (registration and online fees are NOT covered) per semester. You will need to complete the tuition assistance form prior to class start date and submit a copy of your enrollment to the Military Education Center Office for them to remit their portion. This must be completed and approved seven days PRIOR TO THE START DATE of the semester - no exceptions.

Where do I get my books? 

The closest location is the 5000 building in Andover, KS, but you may also go to El Dorado. The Andover site is located east of Wichita at 715 E 13th St N, Andover, KS. Please call to confirm hours or ask questions about materials - 316.323.6278.

When is the last day I can drop and still get my money back? 

You can withdraw from a class with 100% refund any time before the class begins. If the class has already started and you are early enough for a refund - you will be charged a $10 drop fee. The rule is, a student may withdraw from a class and still receive a refund as long as it is before 1/16 of the class time. Since many different class lengths are offered, it is best to consult with an Academic Advisor to ensure accuracy of this date. For some courses (distance learning) this date may be before the class has even met.

When is the last day I can drop at all? 

This date is contingent on the length of the course. The standard is that students cannot drop past 9/16th of the class time. This may be before the second class period for some distance learning classes. It is best to consult an Academic Advisor for specific date information or visit our add/drop classes page.