Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) | Butler Community College

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)

Current SAP policy is reflected in our academic catalog

Federal regulations require students receiving Federal Pell Grant, Federal SEOG, Federal Work Study, or Federal Direct Loans to have satisfactory academic progress (SAP).

This progress is measured at the end of each semester according to three factors:

  • A semester and overall grade point average (GPA)
  • Completion rate (CR) of credit hours
  • The time frame allowed for completing a certificate or degree

Contact the Financial Aid Office if you have any questions about the satisfactory academic progress policy.

To view your SAP status:

  • Go to your My.ButlerCC account - Financial Aid tile
  • Authenicate by logging in with your Butler Username and Password
  • Click the Satisfactory Acdemic Progess tab
  • You can also see the SAP Policy in this tab.